Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Twitter

My biggest problem with twitter is the limit of 14 characters, mind you that's the whole point isn't it. But I find it very tough to say something intelligent, witty and useful with so few characters. Never mind trying to do it quickly and text it to boot! Showing my age again. I have read where Twitter has saved lives, as in the earthquake in Haiti. I have also experienced how it can spread the news of upcoming events as when we had the fibre arts event here at Fish Creek. I have read and seen some Tweets that were not worth even mentioning and I don't really care what Demi Moore and other celebs tweet about. I also have read where certain politicians have been vilified for what they tossed off in a quick tweet about important subjects. Although I can see its power for promoting events and being aware instantaneously, of events while they happen, I think it should be used with caution and some forethought and if you want to have followers, tweet with a conscience and some intellect. MHL

No comments:

Post a Comment