Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Flickr and You tube
Easy to use both. Except reallly had to confine my you tube watching on the Ref desk to videos without sound! Content and usefullness, well that's a big question. On Flickr I did find a useful set of photographs when I searched for Quilt Canada 2010, a quilt exhibit and show that I volunteered at all last week. Everyone either forgot their cameras or like me, had one that didn't work. How cool to go on Flickr search "Quilt Canada 2010" and find photos of some of the quilts plus locate a group that is trying to gather photos of Alberta quilts together on the site. Never thought of looking for missing photos this way before. Also saw some photos on flickr site sidebar that I and perhaps other parents of young children, do not want shown and all I did was search quilts. User beware as always! You tube was entertaining, I know my husband loves it for wacky videos. Other than entertaiment I guess it could be useful if someone unknowingly or knowingly videoed a crime taking place or a major catastrophe. The videos could be useful for gaining information on how things happened and how to prevent them in future. But again I think since anything can be put up there is a user beware caution to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
YouTube is also great for learning new skills! A friend of mine learned how to do a special type of crochet by watching videos on YouTube. So neat!
ReplyDeleteI know some people can learn new things by watching a DVD or youtube demo but I have to learn by reading. It has always worked best for me but I have friends who never read quilt patterns they just look at the pictures. Doesn't work for me.
ReplyDelete