Sunday, May 2, 2010
RSS feeds
Well, it seems really quite easy to set up the RSS feed and coincidently enough this week I had notices the orange icon on a facebook page I was exploring.So now I am automatically linked to it, to keep up with this page and I can explore this venue anytime I want. Without worrying about remembering the link or copying down and losing the piece of paper it is on. A definate advantage as I grow older and my brain fills up with new matter. But in order to use this information portal I can see I would have to make a fundamental shift in my lifestyle. I need a computer of my own that I could log into every day and be updated with what am interested in. As someone who has used computers at work for 30 years I am comfortable with them and have enjoyed exploring all the advantages of being connected. But when I go home I disconnect and prefer speaking one on one with people, reading one on one with a book, or exploring my community and interests in person, instead of through cyberspace. However if my life were to change and I inherited a log cabin in the woods or a remote island getaway I am pretty sure I would change the way I live my life and I would definately use RSS feeds....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment