Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Facebook

Facebook has been around in our family for a long time. I have seen, through my oldest daughter's use of it the bad and the good about it. Yes it was great to follow her senior English symposium on facebook and see her classmates presentations, no it was not so great when a former boyfriend? who lived in New York saw her status change to "in a relationship" (not with him)! My younger daughter refuses to use it at all because she guards her privacy with great zeal and she seems to keep more in tune to what is going in the world than her sister. I can see the possiblities, I can also see wasted time and just like using the internet what was supposed to be a small use of your time can increase exponentially. My husband has had great luck with using his facebook account to fill in the gaps in his geneological tree. I however do not have my own laptop, spend too much time at work on the computer and fill my free time with other pursuits. I can see when I am retired and sequestered away from society it might be a great way to keep in touch, for now there is just not enough hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment