Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Web 2.0 What does it mean in my life?

I guess what intrigues me most is where will all of this new way of communicating lead to -will people quit actually talking to each other face to face? What is the impact on libraries of this technology? And who uses it? I have 2 daughters in their 20's both of whom are very wary of using these methods of communication and losing their privacy. So am I. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine that one form of communication will ever replace the other. We will never lose our need for eye-contact and touch and emotional connection. It's just the way we're "programmed". But Web 2.0 - the ability to interact through "comments", etc., opens the door for new ways to gather and share information, thoughts, ideas, philosophies, etc.

    Hope you have fun as you get more familiar with this new form of communication!

    ReplyDelete